The Oregon Interscholastic Snowboarding Association (OISA) values education so we established the Shredwell Scholarship in 2011 to assist a graduating senior moving on to college. We have awarded a Shredwell Scholarship every year since 2011. From our OISA fundraising along with donations from the Sobolewski family (in memory of Liz Lord) and from John Ingersol (founder of HCSC), our scholarship award this year is $2,000.
We are very proud to offer this opportunity to a graduating OISA member.
Sincerely, The OISA Board of Directors
Qualifications for applying
- A current registered OISA member (2015-16 Season)
- A graduating senior continuing their education in the Fall going to college
- Qualified for and participated at the 2016 OISA State Championships
- Has a Grade Point Average of 2.50 or higher
How to apply
- Fill out this 2016 Shredwell Scholarship Application Form and write essays on the required topics
- Submit your completed application form and essays by Midnight PDT April 24, 2016 3. Submit two letters of reference by Midnight PDT April 24, 2016. One reference must be from your Snowboarding Coach. References cannot be from family members.
Submit application form, essays, and letters of reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org or OISA Secretary PO Box 247 Wilsonville, OR 97070
How the winner will be selected
All application essays and reference letters will be judged by an independent panel. Applicants will be individually ranked and the OISA point system will be used. Scores will be communicated to the OISA Board for tallying the final results and determining the winner. The OISA Board will announce the Shredwell scholarship winner by May 27, 2016. All results will be final.
The application is here –> 2016 Shredwell Scholarship Application